maandag, mei 22, 2017

Francisco Goya #2


The Quinta del Sordo, in a scale model built between 1828-1830, at the Museo de Historia de Madrid.


Two-floor house. The Quinta de Goya, or Quinta del Sordo, in a scale model built between 1828-1830.


Working hypothesis. Diagram showing the original location of the Black Paintings in La Quinta del Sordo. (bron: Wikipedia)

"The Quinta del Sordo (English: Villa of the Deaf), or Quinta de Goya, was the name of an extensive estate and country house situated on a hill in the old municipality of Carabanchel on the outskirts of Madrid. The house is best known as the home of Francisco de Goya in the years leading up to his exile, and where he painted the Black Paintings comprising fourteen murals. Contrary to popular belief, the estate was given its name due to the deafness of a prior owner, having nothing to do with Goya himself. The house was demolished in 1909."


Mansion of the successors of Goya. Postcard, c. 1907. (bron: Wikipedia)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen